Who We Are
The National 8(a) Association’s mission is to provide education and guidance for all aspiring, current and graduate 8(a) businesses. We are also proud to work with HUBZone, SDVOB, SDB, WOSB, DBE, 8(a) Joint Venture, Federal Agencies, Prime Contractors, Industry Professionals, and Business Vendors.
What To Expect From Us:
- Education towards achieving a comprehensive understanding of the unique business of federal contracting
- Annual conferences featuring key government officials and representatives
- Access to a membership directory used by federal agencies and prime contractors
- Educational seminars directed by nationally recognized legal and accounting firms specifically experienced in federal contracting
- Workshops instructed by key contracting personnel from various federal agencies
What You Will Learn With Us:
- When to pursue 8(a) certification
- How to meet contracting officers
- Practices towards expanding your business base
- Diversification of customer types
- Acquisition and maintenance of commercial contracts
- How to manage mentor/protege relationships
- Pros and cons of 8(a) contracting
- Developing practices to balance your business
- Designing transition and exit strategies early for successful graduation
Our past and present board members are drawn from the leadership of the business community. Their experience and commitment provides valuable insight into building successful contracting relationships.
Contact us to learn more!