What is 8(a)?
The Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Business Development Program is a business assistance program for small disadvantaged businesses. The 8(a) Program offers a broad scope of assistance to firms that are owned and controlled at least 51% by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals.
The National 8(a) Association is a non-profit who's mission is to provide education and guidance for all aspiring, current and graduate 8(a) businesses. We are also proud to work with HUBZone, SDVOB, SDB, WOSB, DBE, 8(a) Joint Venture, Federal Agencies, Prime Contractors, Industry Professionals, and Business Vendors.
What We Provide
- Education towards achieving a comprehensive understanding of the unique business of federal contracting
- Annual conferences featuring key government officials and representatives
- Access to a membership directory used by federal agencies and prime contractors
- Educational seminars directed by nationally recognized legal and accounting firms specifically experienced in federal contracting
- Workshops instructed by key contracting personnel from various federal agencies
- Matchmaking with Primes, Agencies, and Corporate Vendors